Epiphanies and Springboards
That’s what happened to me an hour ago or so. I’ve been laboring to get a work schedule created for a couple of years now, that allowed me to produce usable work without leaving me feeling as if I’m running a race from the last position each day. You think I’m slow? Possibly.
This morning I was sitting, allowing my mind to flush itself of what had gone before, and it hit me. It was a profound revelation within my mind. I saw the whole problem, and the whys of it nearly floored me. It was so simple and yet, it will be something so difficult to remedy.
This is how works. I am an extremely detail-oriented person. That’s part of my nature. Couple that with the knowledge that I also, as part of my nature, am always looking at the Big Picture. This trait of mine was trained very well to always look at the overview of everything before determining the direction of exploration or explanation.
Add to all of that the understanding that much in my life has been experienced within chaos mode for a couple of years. Throw into the mix a personal need for perfection.
So—that leaves me with miniscule details overshadowed by overview; omniscient’s guide to insanity, if you’re a writer. I cannot look at the details of one project or portion of project without also seeing all of the other projects waiting in the wings. And it isn’t just all of the projects, it’s all of the angles, slants, characters, plots, etc. that scream my name, jump up and down, waving their arms, trying to keep my attention.
And, it’s not a matter of focus. It’s a matter of how my brain works.
I hadn’t really put all of this together yet. Some of my distraction on the situation could be due to lack of solid sleep, or trying to get fifteen things done to perfection finished ahead of a deadline. That couldn’t possibly have anything to do with it. Could it?
As I sat there looking at this situation, I realized just how much humor God has. Consider the scientist sitting in the lab in front of her microscope. A critical slide sits beneath the lens waiting for examination and interpretation. Yet, when she looks through the lens, she also sees the origin of the sample on the slide, overlaying the image. That’s been my view of my work every day for countless months.
You may ask how I’m going to remedy this situation. I don’t know that I can completely. I don’t need a greater war waged inside of my own nature.
All I can really do, is be aware of the conflict—brother, wouldn’t this make a great plot—and do what I can on a daily basis to mitigate the disruption and distress. I can dig deeper into the Tao for answers to changing my nature, but until I can set those tenets into place, I must wing it on an hourly basis.
I’m fortunate. I figured out what the problem was and can figure out a more workable solution, given some time. Think about those poor, sad people who’re struggling with something like this who haven’t had an epiphany yet. I would take up a collection for them, but I don’t know yet who they are. Then again, they don’t know either.
And there you have the crux of the problem. Are you waiting for an epiphany, too? Do you know if you need one? Feel free to question here. Remember–questions aren’t the problem. It’s the answers that get you in trouble.
- An Epiphany of Awareness (aninspiredapproach.com)
- Imagine Inspiration (alehman.com)
- When You Can’t Unknow Something (justcallmeraegen.wordpress.com)
- Epiphanies (thetalkingturtles.wordpress.com)
- Today’s Epiphany (lunaticchick.wordpress.com)
- 3 am Epiphany: Is Decision Making an Art or a Science? (meenarose.wordpress.com)
- Epiphany Sunday (tammymv.wordpress.com)
- Waves of epiphany (valley48.wordpress.com)
- Therapy Epiphany (lothlorien.typepad.com)
- 3 am Epiphany: The Best Way to Embark on a Collaboration (meenarose.com)
- Epiphany or Revelation? (findingorderincorpusa.wordpress.com)
Liebster Blog Award
- Thanks for the follow, Jonathan.Writing for your life 4 weeks ago
- RT @BeccaBesser: #FF @astradaemon @Xirconnia @Claudsy1 @DavidYoungquis1 @Kevinmfilms @davidjmoodyWriting for your life 6 months ago
- 2voices1song.com/2016/08/01/the… fb.me/HSYxm57cWriting for your life 9 months ago
- The Stardust Equation 2voices1song.com/2016/08/01/the… https://t.co/F7PI4PmbEzWriting for your life 9 months ago
- I'm finally getting my work life act together after the disasters of Feb. and March. And about time, too.... fb.me/4XoVz8fSCWriting for your life 11 months ago
Readers On Claudsy
|Claudsy on November Insanity Begins …|
|Stephane Hemmer on November Insanity Begins …|
|Claudsy on It’s a Cluster Out There|