Talking Wordles Here
I decided to do something different today for a short post. I’ve been writing for submissions today and this is a little poem that I did for the site The Sunday Wordle.
For those who don’t know what a wordle is, here’s how it goes. Choose a group of related/unrelated words–from seven to ten of them–and then write a poem using those words. If you’re not a poem kind of person, write a piece of fiction/non-fiction of no more than 100 words using all of the given words.
Think of this as a writing exercise that anyone can do. It doesn’t matter really how expert it sounds or how off-the-wall. It’s your wordle–make it what you want. One thing you’ll find with that this exercise forces your mind to shift gears and look at how you put things together and how you use language for the meaning you want to transmit.
Take a chance and have a whirl with a wordle. And when you think you’re ready, share it here or jump over to The Sunday Whirl and share there. Enjoy yourself. That’s the main purpose of it all.
A link to my port of call,
a deck on which to stand,
as I navigate foreign waters,
I store up scents and sights
to anchor me within time,
to sink into my marrow,
never to wake from this dream,
even as I pitch against the rail
of stern reminders of days gone
missing and lives gone stale of use.
© Claudette J. Young 2012
- Afterwards (hoofprintsinmygarden.wordpress.com)
- Dither (unduecreativity.wordpress.com)
- Wordle 68 (imnotaverse.wordpress.com)
- The Conservatory Links (2voices1song.wordpress.com)
- Wordle 62 (imnotaverse.wordpress.com)
- Seas of a Time-worn Heart (wojisme.wordpress.com)
- Clever Ideas for Wordle (gdstechtips.wordpress.com)
- Underneath (unduecreativity.wordpress.com)
Liebster Blog Award
- At Home—Getting Ready to Launch wp.me/p3V509-cGWriting for your life 5 hours ago
- At Home—Getting Ready to Launch wp.me/p3V509-cG fb.me/7pzbzxbU2Writing for your life 5 hours ago
- At Home—Issuing Yourself a Challenge for April wp.me/p3V509-cyWriting for your life 1 week ago
- At Home—Issuing Yourself a Challenge for April wp.me/p3V509-cy fb.me/6uq1uxC56Writing for your life 1 week ago
- Poetry 365: The Internet Of Things wp.me/p2rZMK-34EWriting for your life 1 week ago
Readers On Claudsy
|Jeff Halevy on It’s a Cluster Out There|
|Jeff Halevy on Population, Preservation, and…|
|cowardlyitinera27.so… on Measuring Time—the Real Purpos…|