Talking Wordles Here
I decided to do something different today for a short post. I’ve been writing for submissions today and this is a little poem that I did for the site The Sunday Wordle.
For those who don’t know what a wordle is, here’s how it goes. Choose a group of related/unrelated words–from seven to ten of them–and then write a poem using those words. If you’re not a poem kind of person, write a piece of fiction/non-fiction of no more than 100 words using all of the given words.
Think of this as a writing exercise that anyone can do. It doesn’t matter really how expert it sounds or how off-the-wall. It’s your wordle–make it what you want. One thing you’ll find with that this exercise forces your mind to shift gears and look at how you put things together and how you use language for the meaning you want to transmit.
Take a chance and have a whirl with a wordle. And when you think you’re ready, share it here or jump over to The Sunday Whirl and share there. Enjoy yourself. That’s the main purpose of it all.
A link to my port of call,
a deck on which to stand,
as I navigate foreign waters,
I store up scents and sights
to anchor me within time,
to sink into my marrow,
never to wake from this dream,
even as I pitch against the rail
of stern reminders of days gone
missing and lives gone stale of use.
© Claudette J. Young 2012
- Afterwards (hoofprintsinmygarden.wordpress.com)
- Dither (unduecreativity.wordpress.com)
- Wordle 68 (imnotaverse.wordpress.com)
- The Conservatory Links (2voices1song.wordpress.com)
- Wordle 62 (imnotaverse.wordpress.com)
- Seas of a Time-worn Heart (wojisme.wordpress.com)
- Clever Ideas for Wordle (gdstechtips.wordpress.com)
- Underneath (unduecreativity.wordpress.com)
Liebster Blog Award
- Hoping for safety on the road and off. Storm blankets parts of Midwest with more than foot of snow news.yahoo.com/storm-blankets… via @YahooNewsWriting for your life 6 days ago
- We all have some. What's yours? lnkd.in/eWj2dEcWriting for your life 1 week ago
- A story, an article, an essay or poem all begin with motivation. All move forward because of it. The concept of... fb.me/2ofSqIS2gWriting for your life 1 week ago
- Motivation Leads to Motion claudettejyoung.com/2015/11/motiva… https://t.co/D6p7t3divAWriting for your life 1 week ago
- Is Your Writing Space Designed for Maximum Creativity?: eepurl.com/bGu0lzWriting for your life 1 week ago
Readers On Claudsy
|Claudsy on It’s a Cluster Out There|
|Mind Mapping Assignm… on It’s a Cluster Out There|
|Jeff Halevy on It’s a Cluster Out There|