We poets have been put on the bench this morning for the prompt: write a judging poem. You can be the judge or, if you prefer, you can be the one judged. Okay, Robert. Here goes.
Don’t we cringe
When faced with stares
That bring blushes
To cheeks, downcast eyes?
Who can say with truth
They never did wrong?
Who can stand upright
Without guilt lying within?
Who can judge any but self?
© Claudette J. Young
Have you ever had one of those lines that haunt you, keep running through your mind so that it zips back through at the oddest times? Me too. Those over at Poetic Bloomings must have had the experience as well, because they gave us the opportunity to take care of that problem today.
The poetry prompt this morning was to “take the last line of a poem you’ve already written this year and make it the first line of a new poem. Like a dutiful poet, I complied. Here’s the result. I took the last line of my poem for Day 13 of the PAD Challenge and used it for a different concept for Poetic Bloomings. I hope you enjoy the irony.
A sacrifice to her hourglass self,
Her life becomes a painful series
Of diets, exercise, and calorie counting,
Striving always to be Mirror’s perfect
Reflection, a temple to evoke envy
From all who witness her magnificence.
Ah, the resounding pity, should anyone
Guess she wept each day for the luxury
Of tasting just one sliver of birthday cake.
Queens pay, too, for being the Fairest of Them All?
© Claudette J. Young
Please leave a comment if it suits your fancy.
- Mixing It Up with Poetry (claudsy.wordpress.com)
- Poetics: Duty Calls! (dversepoets.com)
- National Poetry Month (asolitaryramble.wordpress.com)
Liebster Blog Award
- Mind-Blowing Spinning Chocolate Illusion | Watch the video - Yahoo! Screen screen.yahoo.com/mind-blowing-s… via @YahooScreen Have to watch this.Writing for your life 1 day ago
- Take a spin around the universe. There are answers out there, but do they satisfy the questions? That's the thing.... fb.me/Lr4YpRu1Writing for your life 1 day ago
- Thought Ripples: Atoms and Space wp.me/p2rZMK-2rxWriting for your life 1 day ago
- Once an Okie, always connected. That's our story and yesterday was a test of endurance.... fb.me/2v49qwNinWriting for your life 3 days ago
- Claudsy’s Blog: Taking Stock wp.me/p2rZMK-2rfWriting for your life 3 days ago
Readers On Claudsy
|claudsy on Lyrical Prose or Prose Po…|
|Jolene on Lyrical Prose or Prose Po…|
|claudsy on Fan Fiction or Fun Pastim…|