Poetic Asides has its Two for Tuesday prompt up this morning for its challenge within a challenge. Apologize or not apologize, that is the prompt.
Isn’t it funny how we do both each day for the unlikeliest of reasons? We’re so conditioned that we even apologize to ourselves for piddly things that have little or no consequence. Or, even better to my way of thinking, is when I apologize to my computer because I’ve either entered an inadvertent command or taken too long to complete a function. Explain that one to me, if you can.
“Sorry Doesn’t Cut It Anymore”
Why do words of encouragement
Ring hollow, without bringing hope,
Without helping to find solutions?
How can you keep holding me down,
When all I want is to soar among clouds,
White with purity of thought and intent,
Moist with possibility, light as a feather’s touch?
Where can I go to be rid of you, to not ever see you,
Waving at me again each time I window shop,
Each time I brush my teeth or comb my hair?
Why have I believed the excuses all these years,
Never expecting any better treatment from you,
When I expect even less from she who lives within me?
The time for “Sorry” is gone.
Today, I am ridding myself of your excuses.
Today, I am beginning my future without you.
I will not apologize for removing you from my life.
Today, Proboscis, you will leave my sight forever,
And I’ll not ever feel sorry about that!
A quick glance told the story.
She with fists balled,
He with hands raised in supplication.
Fear, rage, and confusion ruled her,
While he tried to explain that which
Filled her with hurt, a sense of betrayal.
She could only react, not hear words.
Hissed argument oozed from the room,
Barely above the whispers of those nearby.
Murmurs rippled from within, telling of joys
Gone, trust broken, futures destroyed.
No apology from him could be adequate now.
No apology will be accepted by her battered heart.
Another love story comes to an end, an eavesdropping
Interlude for those knowing all sides of the triangle.
I’m so happy that so many are stopping by to read these small offerings of a wandering mind. Feel free to leave a comment as you pass through on your way to another whistle stop.
Enjoy your day. If you’d like to read all or part of today’s Poetic Asides entrees, drive down The Street at: http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/poetic-asides/poetry-prompts/2012-april-pad-challenge-day-3/
© Claudette J. Young 2012
Liebster Blog Award
- Wells Dry, Fertile Plains Turn to Dust nyti.ms/10OW17c Greed and prosperity win, but it's all illusion.Writing for your life 1 day ago
- We're having fun being bad on this Sunday at Poetic Bloomings. 2voices1song.com/2013/05/19/934… fb.me/1nnLejCbgWriting for your life 1 day ago
- Those who popped in this morning to get the prompt for the day were greeted with one to boggle the… wp.me/s2rZMK-9343Writing for your life 1 day ago
- There’s a Method to My Desk’s Madness nyti.ms/12D4c9Q No cell phone? Six hour work day. Hmm...Writing for your life 1 day ago
- Less Politics, More Everyman: The Remade Rustics nyti.ms/14flASw Lovely to be here.Writing for your life 2 days ago
Readers On Claudsy
|claudsy on Lyrical Prose or Prose Po…|
|Jolene on Lyrical Prose or Prose Po…|
|claudsy on Fan Fiction or Fun Pastim…|