Talking Wordles Here
I decided to do something different today for a short post. I’ve been writing for submissions today and this is a little poem that I did for the site The Sunday Wordle.
For those who don’t know what a wordle is, here’s how it goes. Choose a group of related/unrelated words–from seven to ten of them–and then write a poem using those words. If you’re not a poem kind of person, write a piece of fiction/non-fiction of no more than 100 words using all of the given words.
Think of this as a writing exercise that anyone can do. It doesn’t matter really how expert it sounds or how off-the-wall. It’s your wordle–make it what you want. One thing you’ll find with that this exercise forces your mind to shift gears and look at how you put things together and how you use language for the meaning you want to transmit.
Take a chance and have a whirl with a wordle. And when you think you’re ready, share it here or jump over to The Sunday Whirl and share there. Enjoy yourself. That’s the main purpose of it all.
A link to my port of call,
a deck on which to stand,
as I navigate foreign waters,
I store up scents and sights
to anchor me within time,
to sink into my marrow,
never to wake from this dream,
even as I pitch against the rail
of stern reminders of days gone
missing and lives gone stale of use.
© Claudette J. Young 2012
- Afterwards (hoofprintsinmygarden.wordpress.com)
- Dither (unduecreativity.wordpress.com)
- Wordle 68 (imnotaverse.wordpress.com)
- The Conservatory Links (2voices1song.wordpress.com)
- Wordle 62 (imnotaverse.wordpress.com)
- Seas of a Time-worn Heart (wojisme.wordpress.com)
- Clever Ideas for Wordle (gdstechtips.wordpress.com)
- Underneath (unduecreativity.wordpress.com)
Liebster Blog Award
- Cool relationship. Vows | Spouse, and Muse nyti.ms/1CK7idG via @nytvideoWriting for your life 1 week ago
- Smell Turns Up in Unexpected Places nyti.ms/1D7ZSBhWriting for your life 2 weeks ago
- A Rain Garden That Even the Neighbors Seem to Like nyti.ms/1ExL9RwWriting for your life 2 weeks ago
- In ‘Birdman,’ Michael Keaton Confronts the Nature of Fame nyti.ms/1CUC7wdWriting for your life 2 weeks ago
- French Bulldog Runs Rings Around a Wild Deer screen.yahoo.com/awesome-animal… via @YahooScreenWriting for your life 2 weeks ago