Running Around the Calendar
Seasons come and seasons go: isn’t that the old song? Today’s writing prompt for the month centers on Seasons. Choose a season, use that for your title, write a poem about it; that was the prompt.
I can do that. That’s a simple fix for my poetry habit. Haiku is the answer for days when time is running in short supply. I admit, though, that at least one of these is a bit irreverent. Can you pick out the one(s)?
Popcorn ball flakes sail,
With winds howling for fear’s sake,
Drifting to bring peace.
Seeds’ green heads waver,
Nodding to sky in joy,
Leaving Dark for Light.
Daisies keep cow friends
Company on sunshine days,
Giving selves as food.
Squirrels hurry on,
Gathering winter’s food choice,
Quarrel over safes.
I may take another crack at it late this afternoon, so stay tuned for developing events. Take care, all. Enjoy yourselves. Tell your friends to stop by. They’re not obligated to sign a contract or anything. TTFN
© Claudette J. Young 2012
- National Poetry Month: Guest Post #8, Pamela Cooper . . . (haikudoodle.wordpress.com)
- A Poetry Month Coloring Book Discovered! (run-a-bout.blogspot.com)
- National Poetry Month – Morning Fresh (tasmith1122.wordpress.com)
- Haiku Bombers: Open/Closed Stressed Syllables (quillshiv.com)
- National Poetry Month – Signs of Spring (tasmith1122.wordpress.com)
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Liebster Blog Award
- Once an Okie, always connected. That's our story and yesterday was a test of endurance.... fb.me/2v49qwNinWriting for your life 2 hours ago
- Claudsy’s Blog: Taking Stock wp.me/p2rZMK-2rfWriting for your life 2 hours ago
- Wells Dry, Fertile Plains Turn to Dust nyti.ms/10OW17c Greed and prosperity win, but it's all illusion.Writing for your life 1 day ago
- We're having fun being bad on this Sunday at Poetic Bloomings. 2voices1song.com/2013/05/19/934… fb.me/1nnLejCbgWriting for your life 2 days ago
- Those who popped in this morning to get the prompt for the day were greeted with one to boggle the… wp.me/s2rZMK-9343Writing for your life 2 days ago
Readers On Claudsy
|claudsy on Lyrical Prose or Prose Po…|
|Jolene on Lyrical Prose or Prose Po…|
|claudsy on Fan Fiction or Fun Pastim…|